Galaxy tab 2 10.1
|Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1|
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 on ICS 
1. Download and install if you don't already have them:
2. Download the correct ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) for your device to your PC:
3. Download the correct CWM-Root.zip to your external sdcard:
3. Turn off the tablet
4. Hold volume UP (away from power button) for a few seconds
5. Volume DOWN (towards the power button) to confirm that you want to enter download mode
6. Open ODIN
7. Plug in your tablet. A box in ODIN should turn yellow.
8. Click PDA and browse to the recovery file (the .tar file you downloaded in step 2).
9. Click Start.
10. You should have Clockworkmod Recovery installed. To access it, turn the tablet off. Then, hold power and volume DOWN.
11. Install ClockworkMod Recovery 5 (CWM5) (see below post)
13. Boot into CWM by turning the tablet off, then holding the volume DOWN and power buttons
14. Use the volume buttons to navigate to install zip from sdcard, then choose zip from sdcard (or internal storage)
15. Select the CWM-root-gtab2.zip file you downloaded earlier and install
16. Click reboot system now
17. You should be rooted!
Credits and References
- ^ Root guide originally posted by MultipleMonomials on XDA (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1722745)