Make a Gold Card
1. Put the memory card you want to use for the GoldCard into your phone.
2. With the memory card in your phone, click on Settings, SD and Phone storage, then click Unmount SD card. Once it unmounts, click Format SD card. (Please keep in mind that some memory cards don't work, and this will erase all data on your SD Card so back all the data up first to your computer)
3. On the Phone, goto Settings, Applications, Development and then make sure USB Debugging is checked.
4. Make sure you have installed the SDK and Fastboot correctly from Section !!!!
Plug the phone into the computer and then open the Command Prompt (goto the start menu and type in cmd in the search box). Then type the following with hitting enter at the end of each line.
(wait for it to show a serial number underneath, if it doesnâ€™t then reinstall theÂ drivers from section I). Then type:
(There is no spaces in this line EXCEPT right after the word cat in the beginning, make sure to put that space in)
5. A code will display, write the code down (MAKE SURE TO WRITE IT DOWN EXACTLY!)
6. Goto this site,HERE, (thanks to Soaa for the reverser!) then put in your code you just wrote down into the text box and click submit. It will generate the code reversed and replace the first two digits with zeros automatically. Write that down and continue.
7. Now, on your computer, go HERE and enter your email in the appropriate field and for CID enter the reversed CID you just copied down BUT REPLACE THE FIRST 2 DIGITS WITH 2 ZEROS! (i.e. 12345678910 becomes 00345678910). *Thanks to Viper for providing these Goldcards for FREE!
8. Click continue and then you will receive your goldcard.img via email. Once it arrives save it to your computer.
9. Now, go [HERE] to download the HxD Hex Editor. Save it and install it to your computer.
10. Take your SD card out of your phone and put it into the SD adapter it came with. Then put that into your computer so it shows up on your computer as Removable Disk.
11. Open the Hex Editor (Run as Administrator if one Vista or Windows 7) and click on the Extra tab, then click on Open Disk. Under Physical Disk select Removable Disk (your SD card you just put into the computer). Make sure to UNcheck "Open as ReadOnly". Click OK.
12. Goto the Extra tab again and click Open Disk Image. Open up the goldcard.img that you saved from your email. You should now have two tabs, one is the SD card (Removable Disk) and the other is the goldcard.img Press OK when prompted for Sector Size 512 (Hard Disks/Floppy Disks).
13. Click on the Goldcard.img tab and click on the Edit tab and click Select All. Then click on the Edit tab again and click Copy.
14. Click on the Removable Disk tab (Your SD Card) and select offset 00000000 to 00000170 then click on the Edit tab and click Paste Write.
15. Click on File then click Save.
16. Close the Hex Editor.
17. Test what we've done: Take out the memory card from the computer, then put it back in. Try to open the memory card on the computer (Removable Disk), if it lets you, you are all set. If it asks/tells you to reformat the card, then try steps 13 - 19 again. If it gives you the same error again, then try a different memory card (Erlern said it didn't work for him until he finally went and bought a Kingston 2GB card, then it worked on that card). Now to continue the root process....
Visit adb for instructions
1. Download the rooting app and save it to the root directory of the computer Ex:C:\ - HERE
Tattoo Rooting App (w/ Amon Ra’s Recovery Image)
2. Once it is saved to your computer, extract it and then copy the rtattoo folder to your C: directory (not in any folders, so that the path is C:\rtattoo when you are done).
3. On your phone, goto Settings > Applications > Development and make sure USB Debugging is Checked On.
4. Plug you phone into the computer.
5. On your computer, click My Computer > C: > rtattoo then double click RootTattoo.
6. Wait for it to finish completely (do NOT touch anything while it is working). Once done, you are all set! You have root access and a custom recovery image if you want to flash a ROM, enjoy!
DISCLAIMER: The Unlockr and RootzWiki are not liable or responsible for any damages to your phones, this is solely the users decision to "root" their phone. Enjoy!