HTC myTouch 3G Slide
|myTouch 3G Slide|
New Root Method
2. Place all the files on the root of your SD card
3. Install Universal Androot, Root Explorer, and Astro File Manager from the links Above
4. Unzip SlideEng-Package.zip To Root of SD card and Change Name of Clockwork to Update.zip(Case Sensative)
5. Run AndRoot And Run Root Me With Install Su & Temp Root/Unroot After Reboot Selected(Or Else You Will Boot Loop)
6. Run Root Explorer then Copy and paste flash_img and mtd0.img to /data/local on android device by multi-select copy then RM R/W in program in upper left on data local folder.
7. IMPORTANT: Long Press and hold each copied file and set permissions to allow read and write on both user and the lowest option (I Think Dev or system)
8. Run Android Terminal Emulator and type the following commands:
su cd /data/local chmod 04755 flash_image ./flash_image misc mtd0.img
9. Power off and reboot using VOL-DOWN + POWER NOTE: It'll reboot into the HBoot Screen and ask if you want to Check ESPRIMG.zip after Verifying it will ask you to flash Select Yes (VOL-UP) And Wait DO NOT POWER DOWN OR TAKE OUT BATTERY!
10. Once its Completed it will ask you to Reboot select no Instead and Go To Recovery
11. Select Wipe Data Factory Reset by Scrolling with VOL- UP/DOWN or Track Pad and Use Power/Trackpad TO Select
12. Now Use Install Zip from SD Card to Install CM6
13. Reboot and enjoy :)
Download the following files first: Engineering Bootloader: HERE (Extract and place in your Android SDK Platform-tools folder)
SuperOneClick from CLShortFuse - HERE (Extract to Android SDK platform-tools folder)
Stock Firmware - HERE (Place on root of SD Card)
ClockworkMod Recovery by Koush -HERE
Make a Gold Card
1. Put the memory card you want to use for the GoldCard into your phone.
2. With the memory card in your phone, click on Settings, SD and Phone storage, then click Unmount SD card. Once it unmounts, click Format SD card. (Please keep in mind that some memory cards don't work, and this will erase all data on your SD Card so back all the data up first to your computer)
3. On the Phone, goto Settings, Applications, Development and then make sure USB Debugging is checked.
4. Make sure you have installed the SDK and Fastboot correctly from Section !!!!
Plug the phone into the computer and then open the Command Prompt (goto the start menu and type in cmd in the search box). Then type the following with hitting enter at the end of each line.
(wait for it to show a serial number underneath, if it doesnâ€™t then reinstall theÂ drivers from section I). Then type:
(There is no spaces in this line EXCEPT right after the word cat in the beginning, make sure to put that space in)
5. A code will display, write the code down (MAKE SURE TO WRITE IT DOWN EXACTLY!)
6. Goto this site,HERE, (thanks to Soaa for the reverser!) then put in your code you just wrote down into the text box and click submit. It will generate the code reversed and replace the first two digits with zeros automatically. Write that down and continue.
7. Now, on your computer, go HERE and enter your email in the appropriate field and for CID enter the reversed CID you just copied down BUT REPLACE THE FIRST 2 DIGITS WITH 2 ZEROS! (i.e. 12345678910 becomes 00345678910). *Thanks to Viper for providing these Goldcards for FREE!
8. Click continue and then you will receive your goldcard.img via email. Once it arrives save it to your computer.
9. Now, go [HERE] to download the HxD Hex Editor. Save it and install it to your computer.
10. Take your SD card out of your phone and put it into the SD adapter it came with. Then put that into your computer so it shows up on your computer as Removable Disk.
11. Open the Hex Editor (Run as Administrator if one Vista or Windows 7) and click on the Extra tab, then click on Open Disk. Under Physical Disk select Removable Disk (your SD card you just put into the computer). Make sure to UNcheck "Open as ReadOnly". Click OK.
12. Goto the Extra tab again and click Open Disk Image. Open up the goldcard.img that you saved from your email. You should now have two tabs, one is the SD card (Removable Disk) and the other is the goldcard.img Press OK when prompted for Sector Size 512 (Hard Disks/Floppy Disks).
13. Click on the Goldcard.img tab and click on the Edit tab and click Select All. Then click on the Edit tab again and click Copy.
14. Click on the Removable Disk tab (Your SD Card) and select offset 00000000 to 00000170 then click on the Edit tab and click Paste Write.
15. Click on File then click Save.
16. Close the Hex Editor.
17. Test what we've done: Take out the memory card from the computer, then put it back in. Try to open the memory card on the computer (Removable Disk), if it lets you, you are all set. If it asks/tells you to reformat the card, then try steps 13 - 19 again. If it gives you the same error again, then try a different memory card (Erlern said it didn't work for him until he finally went and bought a Kingston 2GB card, then it worked on that card). Now to continue the root process....
Motorola 1-Click Root
- 1-Click Root: Download
- Install Drivers
- Enable USB Debugging
- Put phone in Charge Mode Only
- Click App; MotorolaOneClickRoot
- Follow on screen instructions.
- psneuter: Download
- Superuser: Download
- busybox: Download
- Unzip the downloaded files into the same folder
- Open a terminal and change to the folder.
You need the android SDK and ADB working. To make sure type:
if your device lists, then you are ready to go! === Gain Root ===
- Run the following commands:
adb push psneuter /data/local/temp/psneuter
chmod 755 /data/local/temp/psneuter
- ADB should hang, wait a little while and then type:
NOTE: You should have the "#" sign instead of the "$". If you do, you have temporary root, and can continue on.
Motorola MB525 - Another guide - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=889133
adb push flash_image /data/local
adb push mtd0.img /data/local
# cd /data/local
# chmod 04755 *
# /data/local/flash_image misc /data/local/mtd0.img
4. Once complete, power off the TMobile myTouch Slide
5. Hold the Volume Down button while powering on until the device is in bootloader mode.
6. After a minute or so, the device will prompt to see if you want to run the update. Press the Volume Up button to accept & apply the update. NOTE: (IF YOU GET A ERROR MSG THAT THE ZIP VERSION IS OLDER THEN THE THE PHONE VERSION YOUR GOLDCARD WAS MADE WRONG!!)
7. Once the device is finished applying the update, it will ask you to reboot. DON'T reboot the device & press the Volume Down button to tell the device not to.
8. Back at the bootloader menu, use Volume Down to highlight Recovery and press the Power button to boot into the recovery.
9. Once in the recovery, you will see a device with a triangle. Press Volume Up & the Power button.
10. Use the Volume Down button to highlight Apply update.zip & press the Power button to select this. Final Step: After a moment, the TMobile myTouch Slide will boot into the ClockworkMod Recovery. After that you can now pull battery and insert your main memory card with your desired ROM and Radio Update if you wish and boot into recovery and Happy Flashing!DISCLAIMER: XDA Developers, and RootzWiki are not liable or responsible for any damages to your phones, this is solely the users decision to "root" their phone. Enjoy!