Motorola Droid Razr
DISCLAIMER: RootzWiki, the authors of this article, and any associated or mentioned parties are not liable or responsible for any damage to a user's device. It is solely the user's decision to root, modify, unlock, tamper with, void the warranty of, molest, confound, brick, drop, destroy, or otherwise interact with their device. Furthermore, no article, walk-through, tutorial, or other piece of information can be 100% guaranteed to be completely accurate, or be successful with every device.
This easy one click root method is for the Windows operating system.
1. On your computer, download and install the usb drivers for your device.
2. On your computer, download and extract DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit v3.0 here.
3. On your phone, enable USB Debugging mode (Settings > Applications > Development)
4. Connect your phone to your PC with a usb cable and select the Charge Only mode.
5. On your computer, go to the location you extracted the file from step #2 and double click on the runme.bat file. Follow the onscreen instruction.
The original post for this tool is located here.
For more information and discussion on rooting the Droid Razr, visit the RootzWiki forum here http://rootzwiki.com/topic/9325-how-to-root-unroot-droid-razr/
The above method no longer works on the latest OTA for ICS (as of September 12, 2012). Instead use EternityProject EasyRootICS v1.5
Thanks to forum member roxim5 for this tip!