Samsung Epic 4G
|Samsung Epic 4G (Victory)|
How to root (Windoze only... sorry) :
So you got an Epic 4G, great choice. But you also want the freedom that comes with a rooted android, enough said.
2) extract the file called "SPH-D700-EI22-EC05-MODEM-8gb-REL-ROOTED.TAR" from the .zip you downloaded and place it somewhere you can easily find it.
3) connect your epic with a USB
4) shut down your Epic, after waiting a while for it to shut down, slide out the keyboard and press the "1" key while pressing the power button, this will boot you into download mode which looks like an android guy digging.
5) open the program you downloaded called "Odin" and go to the button that says "PDA"
6) select the .TAR file you downloaded and extracted
7) after this, if Odin has a little yellow box in it that says "Com:(whatever number)" hit the "start" button
8) DO NOT REMOVE YOUR EPIC FOR ANY REASON FROM THE USB
9) once done, it will automatically reboot and you'll be on your way with a rooted phone!