Samsung Galaxy S 4G
|Galaxy S 4G|
Note to some HTC Devices: z4root will root your device but you will need to use other methods for S-Off. Note: Z4root sometimes doesn't work right away, reboot your device and try again if you have issues.
- Connect Device to your computer and enable USB Mass Storage.
- Place the Z4Root APK (application) in your storage directory of your choice.
- Go to Settings, Applications and select "Unknown Sources".
- Properly unmount mass storage.
- Go to your file manager and select z4root and install.
- Run the z4root application.
Alternate Method (no file manager required)
- Install ADB and get it working on your device.
adb install (location to apk)
- Run the z4root application.
If all else fails
Motorola 1-Click Root
- 1-Click Root: Download
- Install Drivers
- Enable USB Debugging
- Put phone in Charge Mode Only
- Click App; MotorolaOneClickRoot
- Follow on screen instructions.
- psneuter: Download
- Superuser: Download
- busybox: Download
- Unzip the downloaded files into the same folder
- Open a terminal and change to the folder.
You need the android SDK and ADB working. To make sure type:
if your device lists, then you are ready to go!
- Run the following commands:
adb push psneuter /data/local/temp/psneuter
chmod 755 /data/local/temp/psneuter
- ADB should hang, wait a little while and then type:
NOTE: You should have the "#" sign instead of the "$". If you do, you have temporary root, and can continue on.
adb push busybox /data/local/temp/busybox
chmod 755 /data/local/temp/busybox
./data/local/temp/busybox mount -o rw,remount /system
- The last command should return nothing
Motorola MB525 - Another guide - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=889133
DISCLAIMER: RyanZA and RootzWiki are not liable or responsible for any damages to your phones, this is solely the users decision to "root" their phone. Enjoy!
You will need to download the following files:
- 32 bit drivers - HERE (Windows)
- 64 bit drivers - HERE (Windows)
- File Expert APK - HERE (Install on phone)
- SuperManager APK - HERE (Install on phone)
- SuperOneClick 1.7 - HERE
- Fota.zip - HERE
1. Download Samsung Galaxy S 4G driver and install it. Make sure you know what version of Windows you've got. (I posted links for 32bit and 64bit)
2. In your Phone, Go to Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging. Note: You will have to check USB debugging or else it will not work.
3. Open SuperOneClick 1.7 4. Under "exploit" MAKE SURE you select "rageagainstthecage" and then click Root. Let it do what it needs to do Note: the whole process will take between 5-15 minutes 5. Download Root Checker from Market 6. Run the test and it will confirm you that your phone is Rooted
Remove Unneeded Apps (optional)
1. Install File Expert & Install Super Manager first.
2. Open File Expert and navigate to the directory aka folder that you downloaded the files to.
3. Press and Hold the fota.zip file and select Unzip files Note: File Expert will unzip files by default in same folder. It will create a Fota folder with two files fota_delta_dp1 and fota_delta_dp2
4. Open Super Manager and then open setup and check the "Enable ROOT function"
5. Navigate to the folder where you have the 2 Unzipped fota files (fota_delta_dp1 and fota_delta_dp2)
6. Select both and cut them
7. Navigate to /data/fota and paste the 2 files in this folder